Become a better programmer
Slides, Photos, Blogs via #accu2015
Slide decks of talks are (being) added to the Conference Schedule.
- Alex Voicu · Stepanov's litmus test in a scary, heterogeneous world: does C++ still pass? · slides
- Anthony Williams · Safety: off. How not to shoot yourself in the foot with C++ atomics · slides
- Arjan van Leeuwen · Premature Optimisation Workshop · slides
- Chris Smith and Michael Upton · What's wrong with sprint retrospectives and how to fix them · slides
- David Sackstein · A Revolutionary Programming Pattern that Will Clean up your Code: Coroutines in C++ · slides · code
- Didier Verna · Referential transparency is overrated · slides
- Dirk Haun · Braindump - How to leave your Knowledge when leaving your Job · slides
- Dmytro Mindra · How we test software at Unity Technologies · slides (alt)
- Dmytro Mindra · Refactoring Legacy Code · slides (alt)
- Emyr Williams · Becoming better, a two year journey · slides
- Felienne Hermans · Spreadsheets for developers · slides · shorter video
- Guy Davidson and Tom Miles · Portable Code - the trials of porting Total War from Windows to MacOS X · slides
- Olve Maudal · FizzBuzz EDSAC · slides (alt)
- Olve Maudal · History and Spirit of C and C++ · slides (alt)
- Peter Hilton · How to name things - the hardest problem in programming · slides · embedded slides & LSCC video
- Peter Sommerlad · Compile-time Computations in C++14 · slides & code
- Phil Nash · Seeking Simplicity · [slides] · references
- Rachel Davies · Building Learning into Team Life · slides
- Raphael Meyer · Bootstrapping a BDD framework · slides
- Roger Orr · Coding Without Words · slides
- Thaddaeus Frogley · Just Keep Shipping · slides
- Thomas Sundberg · Walking Skeleton · slides · code
- Tom Sedge · Investing Upstream: The secret to smooth Scrum Sprints · slides & video
- David Sackstein · C++ Without Inheritance · slides
- Didier Verna · A Meta-Circular Announcement · slides
- Emyr Williams · Becoming Better: What I Learned from Interviewing · slides
- Peter Hilton · My documentation problem
- Robert Smallshire · Predictive Models of la la la · companion blog post
Robert Smallshire · Predictive Models of Development Teams and the Systems they Build · slides
Bristol Girl Geeks Meetup:
- Rachel Davies · Practical Tips on Mob programming · slides
Photos & videos:
- Charles Tolman · ACCU2015: Nerdfest Supreme
- Charles Tolman · ACCU2015: Day1: Bits & Pieces
- Charles Tolman · ACCU2015: Days 2-4: Asynchronisation & Philosophy
- Emyr Williams · ACCU Conference Retrospective
- Felienne Hermans' Live Blog · How to name things – Peter Hilton · session
- Felienne Hermans' Live Blog · Program you way out of a paper bag – Fran Buontempo · sesion
- Felienne Hermans' Live Blog · History and Spirit of C and C++ – Olve Maudal · session
- Felienne Hermans' Live Blog · What we talk about when we talk about unit testing – Kevlin Henney · session
- Felienne Hermans' Live Blog · Large-Scale Scientific C++ for Casual Coders – Axel Naumann · session
- Felienne Hermans' Live Blog · Evolving Software: A Fusion of the Developer and Evolutionary Algorithms – Christopher Simons · session
Know more slide decks, photos, Blogs about the 2015 ACCU Conference? Please let me know.
Page last changed 27 April 2015.
- April's Overload Journal has been published. (7.04.15)
March's C Vu Journal has been published.
The March 2015 ACCU C Vu journal has been published and should arrive at members' addresses in the next few days. C Vu 27-1 and previous issues of C Vu can be accessed via Journals menu (ACCU members only).
February's Overload Journal has been published.
The February 2015 ACCU Overload journal has been published and should arrive at members' addresses in the next few days. Overload 125 and previous issues of Overload can be accessed in Overload Online.
- Registration for ACCU 2015 Conference now open (17.01.15)
Editorial: Where was I?
Frances Buontempo wonders whether this will wash as an excuse for another lack of editorial.
Non-Superfluous People: UX Specialists
Sergey Ignatchenko demonstrates why user experience specialists are not superfluous.
Alternatives to Singletons and Global Variables
Bob Schmidt summarises some alternatives to singletons.
Resource Management with Explicit Template Specializations
Pavel Frolov presents RAII with explicit template specialisation.
Variadic and Variable Templates
Peter Sommerlad showcases the compile-time possibilities Variadic and Variable templates offer.
iterator_pair – a simple and useful iterator adapter
Vladimir Grigoriev reminds us how to write an iterator.
Seeing the Wood for the Trees
Teedy Deigh takes an enterprising look at logs.